Reminder of Fees
What your Medical Card/GP Visit Card covers
A full Medical Card provides the patient with free GP care when they are sick, and also any prescriptions from the chemist. A GP visit card covers the patient for their visit to the GP when they are sick and need medical attention.
What your Medical Card/GP Visit Card doesn’t cover
According to recent documentation received from the HSE, the following items are not covered by a Medical Card / GP Visit Card.
- Travel vaccinations
- Phlebotomy services
- Passport or identity reports or letters
- Insurance medicals or letters
- School / work attendance notes or certificates (Social Welfare Cert is covered)
- Sports medicals or reports
- Medical legal reports
- Drug Kardexes for state or private institutions
- Letters in support of applications for services under the Social Welfare Acts
- Certain TULSA related work – preplacement medical examinations or reports
- Fostering or adoption reports
For each of these services, there will now be a fee. An outline of fees applicable can be seen in Reception.